You should work towards understanding the following by the end of this unit.
- How is simple harmonic motion connected to uniform circular motion?
- How can oscillatory motion be represented graphically and mathematically?
- How is conservation of energy applied in simple harmonic oscillators?
- How are waves energy transport phenomena?
- How do the relative velocities of the source of a wave and of the observer affect the frequency of the observed wave?
- How do waves from more than one source interfere to make waves of smaller or larger amplitude, depending on the location where the waves meet?
- How can wave boundary behavior be used to derive and apply relationships for calculating the characteristic frequencies for standing waves in strings, open pipes, and closed pipes?
- ConcepTest Qs
- Practice Problems
- AP Test Review. Must be logged in to your school GDrive to access.
- Due Monday - Practice 19.2 p.547 #1,3,5,7,11,13,19,21,23 Show GUESSework
- Due Friday: Practice 19.1 READ FOR UNDERSTANDING 19.1-19.3; Watch Khan Video on Circuits. TAKE NOTES, Cornell or other organized format.
- Due Thurs - Practice 18.1: READ FOR UNDERSTANDING 18.1-18.5; WATCH videos; TAKE NOTES, Cornell or other organized format. http://ia600407.us.archive.org/16/items/AP_Physics_B_Lesson_35/Container.html, http://ia700709.us.archive.org/31/items/AP_Physics_B_Lesson_36/Container.html
- Practice 16.2: p.464 #2,4,5,9,12; p.465 #1-4,7,8,10,11 (Show your GUESSework)
- If you plan on retaking any test from this semester, see me ASAP to discuss relearning/practice plans. Deadline to begin this discussion in May 1.
- Physicspalooza XVII! Vote here.
- Assignment Feedback Form
- Place your vote for next week's Motivation/Mindfulness Monday article here. You can see the articles to choose from here.