- Read this article. Be an active reader, taking notes as you read. What is/are the main idea(s)? What stood out or surprised you? What confused you? What questions do you have for the author?
- If you finish before your classmates, go to Raise.me, update any info that has changed.
You should work towards understanding the following by the end of this unit.
- How is simple harmonic motion connected to uniform circular motion?
- How can oscillatory motion be represented graphically and mathematically?
- How is conservation of energy applied in simple harmonic oscillators?
- How are waves energy transport phenomena?
- How do the relative velocities of the source of a wave and of the observer affect the frequency of the observed wave?
- How do waves from more than one source interfere to make waves of smaller or larger amplitude, depending on the location where the waves meet?
- How can wave boundary behavior be used to derive and apply relationships for calculating the characteristic frequencies for standing waves in strings, open pipes, and closed pipes?
- Quiz 11.1
- Interactive Simulation
- Practice 11.6, due Mon 4/18 (answers)
- Consider signing up for my Advisory Seminar on Wednesday: Graduating from College with Minimal Debt! Sign up on this Google Form!
- This is a GREAT week to get in for help or discuss retakes - it is one of the rare weeks that I am available for 3 out of 4 GPS periods! See the board for locations and see me for a pass.
- If you plan on retaking any test from this semester, see me ASAP to discuss relearning/practice plans. Deadline to begin this discussion in May 1.
- Physicspalooza XVII! Vote here.
- Assignment Feedback Form
- Place your vote for next week's Motivation/Mindfulness Monday article here. You can see the articles to choose from here.