You should work towards understanding the following by the end of this unit.
- How is simple harmonic motion connected to uniform circular motion?
- How can oscillatory motion be represented graphically and mathematically?
- How is conservation of energy applied in simple harmonic oscillators?
- How are waves energy transport phenomena?
- How do the relative velocities of the source of a wave and of the observer affect the frequency of the observed wave?
- How do waves from more than one source interfere to make waves of smaller or larger amplitude, depending on the location where the waves meet?
- How can wave boundary behavior be used to derive and apply relationships for calculating the characteristic frequencies for standing waves in strings, open pipes, and closed pipes?
- Due tomorrow (4/27) Practice 16.2: p.464 #2,4,5,9,12; p.465 #1-4,7,8,10,11 (Show your GUESSework)
- Due TOMORROW: READ for understanding pp. 16.1-16.5. TAKE Cornell or other organized format notes. AND watch the following web video to supplement understanding. http://ia700801.us.archive.org/14/items/AP_Physics_B_Lesson_30/Container.html
- If you plan on retaking any test from this semester, see me ASAP to discuss relearning/practice plans. Deadline to begin this discussion in May 1.
- Physicspalooza XVII! Vote here.
- Assignment Feedback Form
- Place your vote for next week's Motivation/Mindfulness Monday article here. You can see the articles to choose from here.