Answer the following questions in your notes relating to the lab with which you were supposed to familiarize yourself:
- What are some advantages of timing 10 vibrations of the inertial balance instead of just one?
- Why is the inertial balance set up so that it vibrates horizontally instead of vertically?
Learning Goal: I understand and can accurately apply the concept of inertia in relation to Newton's First Law of Motion.
Use Inertial Balance Lab as a guide. Present your findings on a board. Include:
- Gathered data, in chart form.
- Graphed data
- Best-fit line and equation.
- Unknown mass prediction, actual value and percent difference (% difference = 100*(your value - actual)/[.5*(actual + your value)])
- Due 10/27: Familiarize yourself with this Inertial Balance Lab
- UNO Criss Library Privileges for DE Students! Dual Enrollment Libguide: http://libguides.unomaha.edu/dualenrollment Borrowing privileges for non-DE students: http://www.unomaha.edu/criss-library/library-services/borrowing-home/patron-types-and-privileges.php
- Syllabus and Safety Contract. Submit Google Form - parents.
- Complete this online activity (approx 15 min)