- Make sure to record which FRQ you are assigned (see the board on the side of the room).
- With your table partners, review the strategy you will use on the science section of the (practice) ACT. Be prepared to share!
Assignment: Ch. 2 Assignment Sheet (now in Schoology!)
- Due Tues. 10/9:
- AP Sample Questions 1B, submit your answers on this Google Form before class!
- AP Sample Questions 2B, Submit answers to 2B
- AP Sample Questions 2C, Submit answers to 2C
- Sample AP Projectile Qs, Google Form for answer submission One FRQ will be assigned to each student to be presented to class on due date for formative grade.
- Thurs. 10/11: 1D and 2D Kinematics Summative Test
Learning Goal: To be successful in this unit, you should be able to...
- ...accurately describe the motion of an object moving at constant velocity and represent it both graphically and algebraically.
- ...accurately describe the motion of an object moving at constant acceleration and represent it both graphically and algebraically.
- ...accurately present and interpret information from motion graphs.
- ...accurately describe the characteristics of the motion of a projectile launched at an angle.
Today: Shoot the Hoop Practicum Lab
Given: meter stick, timing device or video app, track assembly & ball bearing (or HotWheels car & track)
Find: The correct position of an iron ring placed on the floor so that the ball bearing rolled horizontally from the table goes through the ring on the first try.
(1) THE BALL BEARING IS NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE TABLE UNTIL YOU HAVE SHOWED MR. MASON THE GUESSework FOR YOUR PREDICTION,
(2) the ball must be released from a minimum ramp height of 20 cm above the table.
Extension: Shoot the ball through multiple hoops at multiple heights.