- Read this article. Be an active reader, taking notes as you read. What is/are the main idea(s)? What stood out or surprised you? What confused you? What questions do you have for the author?
- While you wait for others to finish, go to Raise.me, update any info that has changed.
Learning Goal(s): I can...
- ...understand the relationship between work and energy, and use it to predict the motion of objects.
- ...understand how the different modes of energy storage are transformed within a system and transferred between a system and the environment.
- ...understand how energy can be represented with graphs and equations. I can use those graphs and equations to predict the motion and position of objects.
- ...understand what it means for energy to be conserved, and what implications this has on motion and the universe.
- Ch. 6 Summative Exam
- Finish Spring is the Thing Lab, using CoE concepts. Watch this to get the gist of what you are doing. I tried it again using a spring from one of the lab groups, CAREFULLY measured the spring constant using a graph (as I have recommended SO MANY TIMES) and this is the result I got on my very first attempt, aiming at the sink. YOU CAN DO IT! You have to take careful measurements and do the physics you've been taught. It's not impossible!)
- Check Assignment sheet to keep track of upcoming due dates, quizzes, etc. Assignments will be expected on schedule.
- Assignment Feedback Form
- Physicspalooza XIII, Wednesday 2/24? Vote for next week.
- Place your vote for next week's Motivation/Mindfulness Monday article here. You can see the articles to choose from here.