Learning Goal(s): I can...
- ...predict accurately how a force exerted on an object changes the object’s momentum
- ...I can accurately relate Newton’s second and third laws to momentum.
- ...understand what it means for momentum to be conserved, and use the concept to accurately predict the motion of an object.
- ...classify the outcome of a collision as elastic or inelastic based on the conservation of momentum.
- Collision time!
- Work/Collab (if time)
- Check Ch. 7 Assignment sheet to keep track of upcoming due dates, quizzes, etc. Assignments will be expected on schedule.
- Finish Spring is the Thing Lab, using CoE concepts. Watch this to get the gist of what you are doing. I tried it again using a spring from one of the lab groups, CAREFULLY measured the spring constant using a graph (as I have recommended SO MANY TIMES) and this is the result I got on my very first attempt, aiming at the sink. YOU CAN DO IT! You have to take careful measurements and do the physics you've been taught. It's not impossible!)
- Assignment Feedback Form
- Physicspalooza XIV, Tuesday 3/1. Vote for next week.
- Place your vote for next week's Motivation/Mindfulness Monday article here. You can see the articles to choose from here.