Read the Micro-scholarships article. Be an active reader, taking notes as you read. What is/are the main idea(s)? What stood out? What questions do you have?
Learning Goal: Get to know each other. Understand what physics is.
- Discuss the reading: HandsUp/PairUp/ShareUp
- Discuss note-taking tips and strategies. (My preferred format is Cornell)
- Assign texts (possibly temporary)
- Text assignment
- Due Tues 8/17: Read Sections 1.1-1.5. Take Cornell or other organized format notes.
- Read Syllabus and Safety Contract. Submit Google Form.
- Read Note Taking Sheet. Take notes that demonstrate the tips given. Be prepared to check off tomorrow.