As you work through this unit, you should be able to understand these Big Ideas:
- How are waves energy transport phenomena?
- How can wave boundary behavior be used to explain absorption, reflection, and transmission of light?
- How do the basic optic phenomena of reflection and refraction explain the formation of images by mirrors and lenses?
- How does light interference demonstrate the wave nature of light?
- Discuss angle approximation, ways to improve data on this lab (multiple maxima?)
- Running Interference Lab
- Optics Assignment Sheet (work in progress!)