- In your notes, describe the relationship that the lab confirmed.
- On the front board, list the number of any question or problem that you would like discussed in class, even if it is already listed on the board. Be prepared to share your answer to your assigned Question.
Learning Goal: To be successful in this unit, you should work towards understanding the answers to these big questions
- How are pressure and depth related?
- How is the buoyant force related to Archimedes’ principle?
- What are the simplifications used in describing ideal fluid flow?
- How is energy transformed within a system and between a system and the environment?
Today: Water Fountain Investigation
Given: Water fountain, beakers, stopwatch, ruler
- Exit angle and exit speed of the water
- Maximum height of water
- Radius of the fountain’s exit hole
- Flow volume rate
Assignment: Chapter 10 Assignment Sheet