I wanted to get this out before the weekend started so that students and parents could plan appropriately. Please encourage your student to spend their time wisely over this long weekend.
- Please review PowerSchool. If your student has anything listed as "NHI" (Not Handed In), set the expectation that she will bring it home with her over the break. Anything due after the break? Ditto.
- Work with your student to develop a schedule over the break that sets aside time each day to get something done. (OK, I'll give him Thanksgiving Day off!)
- Check in with them each day. Be specific! Instead of "How's that work coming?", try something like "What assignment(s) did you get done? What's left? What will you be getting done tomorrow?"
- Are they planning on retaking any summative test? They MUST have all missing work completed BEFORE talking to me about a retake. They are welcome to come in during 7th hour, GPS, after school, and sometimes even during lunch for any help that they need.
- If your student is planning on retaking a test, they must meet with me right away after Thanksgiving to begin the process. December 8 is the last day to actually take a retake exam. After that, all students should be focused on their semester finals.
Please enjoy the time with your families. Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!