Learning Goal: I can
- ...compare and contrast the characteristics of both a vibration and a wave.
- ...distinguish between a transverse wave and a longitudinal wave, and identify the identifying characteristics of each.
- ...distinguish between constructive and destructive interference.
- ...describe what factors may affect the speed of a wave.
- ...describe a standing wave and how it occurs.
- ...describe the Doppler Effect.
- Finish Waves packet?
- Finish Sound Packet?
- Work on Pan Flute Project. This tutorial will help you understand how sound and standing waves behave in a tube. (Bonus if you can play a tune on the finished product!)
- Prepare for final on your own.
- Finals are next week: one notecard allowed.