Sometimes in tropical areas where citrus is grown, the temperature will drop below freezing. Growers reduce the damage by watering the plants in the evening. Explain how this works.
Assignments: Thermodynamics Assignment Sheet
- Friday is an AP Day in GPS. All are welcome!
- Due Fri. 9/21: Practice 14.3 (notes AND MP!)
- Due Mon. 9/24: Practice 14.4 (assign Qs)
- Due Tues. 9/25: Practice 14.5 (notes AND MP)
- Have you signed up for Physics SSS, Nov. 3, 8 AM-noon @ Bell. West. yet?
Learning Goal: To be successful in this unit, you should work towards understanding the answers to these big questions.
- How are the pressure, volume, and temperature of an ideal gas related and graphically represented?
- How is energy transferred and transformed?
- How is the first law of thermodynamics applied to processes undergone by a system
- What are the implications of the second law of thermodynamics?
- Finish Calcs & Discuss Specific Heat Mini-lab
- ConcepTest Qs