Find your stick and begin discussing the lab with your new group. What is/are the greatest source(s) of error? What will you do to minimize that error? How will you use the graph to determine the spring constant?
Learning Goal: To understand the relationship between work and energy, and use it to predict the motion of objects.
Today: The Spring Is the Thing
Given: Spring apparatus, known masses, graph paper
Find: Determine the spring constant of the spring.
Your board should include a neatly organized datatable as well as a graph drawn on graph paper, as well as the conclusion.
*If you have the notes done for tomorrow, you can find me during the period to check them off.
- Several of you asked how two vectors could combine to give a scalar answer. This is one of the best, visual explanations I have seen. Check it out!
- Due Fri. 1/26: Practice 6.5
- Due Mon. 1/29: Practice 6.6
- Due Wed. 1/31: Practice 6.7
- Due Fri. 2/2: Practice 6.8