Find a partner to work with, get a board and a marker.
Learning Goal: To use Newton's Laws of motion to predict the behavior of objects' motion.
Today: Hanging Around
Given: Spring scales, string, dynamics cart (set up ahead of time by the teacher), protractor
Find: The mass of the dynamics cart
Before you are allowed to collect any data, you must show you FBD, Force Summation and set up your equations to solve for the mass. Once they are correct, you will be allowed to collect your data and complete your calculations.
- Due Wed. 11/15: Practice 4.6 (this Sample 2-D force problem posted to YouTube might help)
- Due Fri. 11/17: Practice 4.7
- Due Mon. 11/20: Practice AP Problems (4a), submit answers in the Google Form; Practice AP Problems (4b) submit answers in this Google Form.
- Due 11/21: Practice 4.8 (See board for assignment)
- 11/28: Summative Test, Newton's Laws/Dynamics/Statics
- Have you successfully completed the Shoot the Hoop practicum challenge? If not, do so ASAP! You can come in during GPS and/or after school. If you have, complete and submit the work that is required. You may work with your partner to submit it together. Get a GPS pass if you need to come in and work together.
- Syllabus and Safety Contract. Submit Google Form - students, parents.
- Complete this online activity (approx 15 min)