- Review quiz 2.2. Discuss any questions you have, begin correcting any errors.
Learning Goal: I can accurately describe the motion of an object moving at constant acceleration and represent it both graphically and algebraically.
- Given a ruler, how could you and a partner go about measuring each other's reaction time? Show your work on a board. Then use that time to solve the problem below...
- A person is driving down a country lane at 25 m/s, when a deer suddenly jumps in front of the car. The deer is 65 m ahead, and when the driver hits the brakes, the deceleration of the car is 4.20 m/s2. Does the car hit the deer?
- ConcepTest Qs re. gravity
- Due 9/21: Practice 2.7 (I have posted videos starring yours truly solving some examples using complete GUESSework. This one is a general kinematics problem. This one involves acceleration of gravity.)
- Khan Academy Breakthrough Challenge. Submission deadline Oct. 10. If you decide to submit, I will be happy to help, provide GPS time, etc.
- Syllabus and Safety Contract. Submit Google Form - parents.
- Complete this online activity (approx 15 min)