Set up to finish the lab from yesterday.
Learning Goal: Understand and describe concepts of distance, displacement, speed and velocity.
Today: How fast?
- Given: Timing devices, metersticks/rulers/measuring tapes, constant velocity velocity vehicle (or constant motion device of your own that you brought)
- Find: Develop your own experimental design and analysis methods (including qualitative, quantitative, and graphical analysis) to determine the velocity of an object displaying non-accelerated motion.
- Each group will report their results to the rest of the class, including the following components: Purpose, Method, Assumptions, Data, Analysis, Conclusion, and Sources of Uncertainty. Refer to pp. 6-7 of this Experimental Design doc for guidance.
- Due Fri. 8/25: Watch this video about Cornell Notes. Record your notes from the video in your Physics notebook.
- Fri. 8/25: Quiz 1.1 (covering anything assigned so far)
- Due 8/28: Practice 2.1 (See assignment sheet)
- Syllabus and Safety Contract. Submit Google Form - students, parents.
- Complete this online activity (approx 15 min)