You will be working in your table groups.
Learning Goal: To use Newton's Laws of motion to predict the behavior of objects' motion.
Today: Slip n Slide lab
Given: shoes, spring scale (or CBL force probe), boards, linoleum tiles, protractors (or other angle measuring device/app), wood boardsFind: The maximum coefficient of static friction between a shoe and provided samples of linoleum and wood using two different methods - horizontal surface and incline plane. Determine the % difference between the two methods.
- If you were not present for the Hanging Around practicum, we need to set up a time to get you in here to make it up. Preferably with a partner, but solo if that's the only way it will work. Best times: Pd. 7, GPS, after school.
- Due Mon. 11/20: Practice AP Problems (4a), submit answers in the Google Form; Practice AP Problems (4b) submit answers in this Google Form.
- Also for Monday: Take a look at the Slip n Slide lab that we will be working on in class next week. We will need shoes (yes, you read that right). Please bring a pair of shoes we can use for the lab, or be prepared to potentially go barefoot!)
- Due 11/21: Practice 4.8 (See board for assignment)
- 11/28: Quiz 4.2
- Due 11/29: Practice Problems (4c); Submit MC answers here; Complete your assigned FR and be prepared to present to the class.
- 11/30: Summative Test, Newton's Laws/Dynamics/Statics
- 12/22: Comprehensive Semester Final
- Syllabus and Safety Contract. Submit Google Form - students, parents.
- Complete this online activity (approx 15 min)