When you are done reading the article, go to raise.me and set up a profile. Begin entering information if you have time.
Learning Goal: To use Newton's Laws of motion to predict the behavior of objects' motion.
- Reflection on Bowling Ball Grand Prix. Discuss with your neighbors:
- Using words and a picture, how do you get the ball to speed up?
- Using words and a picture, how do you get the ball to slow down?
- Using words and a picture, how do you get the ball to go in a circle?
- Using words and a picture, how do you get the ball to make a sharp right turn?
- Describe the motion (speed and path) of the ball in the "no-touch" zone.
- If you don't begin slowing the ball soon enough for a turn, describe the the path the ball "wants" to take using words and a picture.
- (If time) ConcepTest Qs
- Due Mon 10/30: Practice 4.2 (MasteringPhysics - make arrangements if you need a laptop!)
- Due Tues 10/31: Read through this lab. We will begin collecting data tomorrow.
- Due Fri 11/3: Practice 4.3
- Have you successfully completed the Shoot the Hoop practicum challenge? If not, do so ASAP! You can come in during GPS and/or after school. If you have, complete and submit the work that is required. You may work with your partner to submit it together. Get a GPS pass if you need to come in and work together.
- Wednesday, 10/25: Kinematics Summative Assessment. If you think you may want to retake this test, you MUST have all practice work from this unit completed first.
- Syllabus and Safety Contract. Submit Google Form - students, parents.
- Complete this online activity (approx 15 min)