You should work towards understanding the following by the end of this unit.
- How is simple harmonic motion connected to uniform circular motion?
- How can oscillatory motion be represented graphically and mathematically?
- How is conservation of energy applied in simple harmonic oscillators?
- How are waves energy transport phenomena?
- How do the relative velocities of the source of a wave and of the observer affect the frequency of the observed wave?
- How do waves from more than one source interfere to make waves of smaller or larger amplitude, depending on the location where the waves meet?
- How can wave boundary behavior be used to derive and apply relationships for calculating the characteristic frequencies for standing waves in strings, open pipes, and closed pipes?
- If you are taking the AP test tomorrow, you will be grouped together and have the period to review any material you see fit. (AP Test Review. Must be logged in to your school GDrive to access.)
- If you are not taking the test tomorrow, you will work together on Practice 19.2.
- Due Monday - Practice 19.2 p.547 #1,3,5,7,11,13,19,21,23 Show GUESSework
- Due Friday: Practice 19.1 READ FOR UNDERSTANDING 19.1-19.3; Watch Khan Video on Circuits. TAKE NOTES, Cornell or other organized format.
- Due Thurs - Practice 18.1: READ FOR UNDERSTANDING 18.1-18.5; WATCH videos; TAKE NOTES, Cornell or other organized format. http://ia600407.us.archive.org/16/items/AP_Physics_B_Lesson_35/Container.html, http://ia700709.us.archive.org/31/items/AP_Physics_B_Lesson_36/Container.html
- Practice 16.2: p.464 #2,4,5,9,12; p.465 #1-4,7,8,10,11 (Show your GUESSework)
- If you plan on retaking any test from this semester, see me ASAP to discuss relearning/practice plans. Deadline to begin this discussion in May 1.
- Physicspalooza XVII! Vote here.
- Assignment Feedback Form
- Place your vote for next week's Motivation/Mindfulness Monday article here. You can see the articles to choose from here.