- Did you sign up for an FRQs? FRQs and MCQs due tomorrow!
- Finish the Mechanical Wave Challenge.
Learning Goals: I can...
- ...explain how waves are an energy transport phenomena.
- ...explain and predict how the relative velocities of the source of a wave and of the observer affect the frequency of the observed wave.
- ...explain and predict how waves from more than one source interfere to make waves of smaller or larger amplitude, depending on the location where the waves meet.
- ...explain and predict how wave boundary behavior can be used to derive and apply relationships for calculating the characteristic frequencies for standing waves in strings, open pipes, and closed pipes.
Today: Mechanical Waves Challenge
- You will work in groups of 2-3 on this challenge.
- Get a sheet from the front. Work through the various challenges, referring to your notes when necessary. You can get each challenge checked off by demonstrating understanding to Mr. Mason either live or showing video from your phone. Each member of your group should be prepared to answer questions about each challenge. Remember: the goal is to work towards understanding, not just completion!
- AP Physics 1 Test Prep Course: If you choose to do it, the deadline is April 23, but register ASAP - space is limited. See me if questions.
- Due Thurs. 4/19: 12b Waves MCQs & FRQs, Submit Answers; 12c Waves/Doppler/Interference MCQs and FRQs, Submit MCQ
- Due Mon. 4/23: Practice 12.1
- Friday, 5/4: Summative Test - SHM/Waves/Sound/Electrical