Learning Goal(s): Understand the following
How can you utilize Newton’s laws of motion to predict the behavior of objects? ▼ Do action-reaction force pairs (Newton’s third law) have a cause-and-effect relationship? Why or why not? ▼ How can free-body diagrams be utilized in the analysis of physical interactions between objects? ▼ How do Newton’s laws apply to systems of two or more objects?
Gallery Walk of boards
- Evaluate: FBD, summations, GUESSework
- Make sure you understand what they are doing, why. Ask questions! Offer suggestions.
- Practice 5.1- due 12/10 (when you walk in): Read 5.1-5.3; Take Cornell or other format notes (this series of Khan videos may help if you are confused); Answer Reading Questions on Mastering Physics. PMGS or SS if you fail in this mission.
- Practice 4.8 - due 12/9- p.100 #29,33,76,81,83,87,88 (you will be assigned one to complete, present tomorrow in class.)
- PHYSICSPALOOZA IV: THURSDAY, 3:30-4:30, H13
- Another Sample 2-D force problem posted to YouTube. (Sorry for the delay - technical issues).
- Comprehensive Final, Dec. 17
- Anything missing? FINISH IT!
- Place your vote for next week's Motivation/Mindfulness Monday article here. You can see the articles to choose from here.