Find your sticks for your new lab group. Start looking over the lab. BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Discuss a plan - how will you do it? How will you achieve the Big Three Lab Goals?
Learning Goal: I can...
- ...predict accurately how a force exerted on an object changes the object’s momentum
- ...I can accurately relate Newton’s second and third laws to momentum.
Today: Momentum & Energy in Collisions
Given: Air track set, various sensors
Find: Design an experiment to investigate conservation of momentum and conservation of energy using an air track set. One of your goals from this lab is to be able to determine the type of collision (either elastic or inelastic) based on data analysis.
- Add at least some mass to your cart. This may help reduce the impact of friction on your data.
- If you are not satisfied with the results of the Momentum Summative, remember: DO NOT WAIT! See me ASAP to discuss preparations for a retake. If it will be urgent in May, it should be urgent today!
- Due Tues. 2/20: Practice 7.3 (Question assignments)
- Due Wed. 2/21: Practice 7.4
- Due Fri. 2/23: Practice 7.5
- Mon. 2/26: Quiz 7.1
- Due Wed. 2/28: Practice 7.6 (Question Assignments)
- Due Fri. 3/2: Practice 7.7
- Wed. 3/7: Momentum Summative Test