Learning Goal(s): Understand the following
How can you utilize Newton’s laws of motion to predict the behavior of objects? ▼ Do action-reaction force pairs (Newton’s third law) have a cause-and-effect relationship? Why or why not? ▼ How can free-body diagrams be utilized in the analysis of physical interactions between objects? ▼ How do Newton’s laws apply to systems of two or more objects?
- Quiz 4.1 (30 min)
- Work on missing work, upcoming assignments, something PHYSICS.
- Practice 4.4 due 11/19: Read 4.6-4.8, take Cornell Format or other organized notes. When finished, complete the Reading 4.6-4.7 assignment on Mastering Physics (it's only 5 questions for crying out loud). If you do not have it done when you walk into class, be prepared to choose Academic Detention or Saturday School.
- Due 11/17: Watch Mechanical Universe: Newton's Laws with your notes. Make changes, additions as necessary. Read the #MotivationMonday article.
- Practice 4.3 due 11/12: p.97 Questions #1-10, p.98 Problems #2-4,6,9,12,13,15,16,17
- Anything missing? FINISH IT!
- Place your vote for next week's Motivation/Mindfulness Monday article here. You can see the articles to choose from here.