Learning Goal(s): Understand the following
How can you utilize Newton’s laws of motion to predict the behavior of objects? ▼ Do action-reaction force pairs (Newton’s third law) have a cause-and-effect relationship? Why or why not? ▼ How can free-body diagrams be utilized in the analysis of physical interactions between objects? ▼ How do Newton’s laws apply to systems of two or more objects?
- Reminders about PMGS/Sat School.
- Given: cart of unknown mass, strings attached, spring scales, protractor
- Find: Mass of the cart.
- Teams of three.
- Use a whiteboard to present your work to the rest of the class.
- Show ALL GUESSework. Must include a free-body diagram and corresponding force summations as part of your solution.
- Review the work of other teams and offer feedback.
- PHYSICSPALOOZA: MONDAY 3:30. (Can replace PMGS IFF you arrive @3:30, stay 1 hr.)
- Due no later than 7:30 AM Monday 11/23: Practice AP Problems (4a), submit answers in the Google Form (PMGS or SS if not completed on time.
- Sample 2-D force problem posted to YouTube
- Practice 4.4 due 11/19: Read 4.6-4.8, take Cornell Format or other organized notes. When finished, complete the Reading 4.6-4.7 assignment on Mastering Physics (it's only 5 questions for crying out loud). If you do not have it done when you walk into class, be prepared to choose Academic Detention or Saturday School.
- Anything missing? FINISH IT!
- Place your vote for next week's Motivation/Mindfulness Monday article here. You can see the articles to choose from here.