- Continue working on the lab.
- I will check off Practice 5.3 while you work.
Learning Goal: To use Newton's Laws of motion to predict the behavior of objects' motion.
Given: a meterstick, battery powered flying airplane
Find: Predict the period of rotation for the plane.
- To earn batteries from Mr. Mason, you must show your plan for how your group will do this. Let's face it - it will probably involve some accurate FBDs and correct Force Summations, right? Be ready to explain what measurements you will make and why. Then you will be given batteries and allowed to make your measurements.
- Remember the Big Three Lab Goals.
- They airplane should only be running when you are making actual measurements. Running down the batteries will affect results!
- When finished with your measurements, calculate your average predicted period. Only then will you be allowed to confirm your prediction with a stopwatch.
- Calculate the %error between your prediction and confirmed results.
- Due 12/8: Practice 5.3
- Due 12/11: Circular Motion Sample MC; Submit answers via Google Form here.
- Tues 12/12: Quiz 5.1 over all of the above
- Due 12/13: Practice 5.4 (Be warned: There is a video involved, the MP assignment will take a little longer than normal. Plan accordingly.)
- Fri. 12/22: Comprehensive Semester Final, including Circular & Gravitation
- Syllabus and Safety Contract. Submit Google Form - students, parents.
- Complete this online activity (approx 15 min)